I'm actually pretty impressed with all the things I did accomplish--a new business, two new on-line stores, refreshed sense of community, baking skills, sewing and knitting projects, photobooth bliss, et cetera. It's not (maybe) that I was more successful last year than it is that I am more accountable to and aware of my successes.
So: here goes 2009.
1. take a drawing class. seriously. (any suggestions of where i should do this, oh blog-o-sphere?)
2. design some new patterns for tiny footprint. cupcake is gettin' bored ya'll. design some new designs for gavron. still bored.
3. figure out free motion machine embroidery. which looks so easy. but maybe isn't. done.
7. go to the desert all spur-o-the-moment-like.
8. join the Cacaphony Society for another event and this time wear a better costume. (okay, so I already did this on New Year's Day...but I want to do it again. And, Santarchy 2009, you better watch out! This girl is a-comin')
9. build one of these. Use it for my etsy stuff. post that stuff. repeat. done. but then it took up too much room, and outdoor photos were so much better, so I recycled it.
10. it's time. to learn. to crochet. seriously. how can you still not know how? half done.
11. find people to play games with. like cards. and dominoes. and board games. (as in, regular-like).
14. okay. so I bought this amazing book at powells. now i have to actually make something that's in it. done.
15. build a worm compost bin
17. simplify. simplify. (give away two things for every one thing i bring into my life; stop buying crap I don't need; stop saying yes when i really mean no.) still doing.
18. visit some cows and help vaccinate them.
19. visit a local farm and meet some farmers.
20. visit the labyrinth at St. Paul's Episcopal Church and/or at Seattle First Baptist.
22. visit the lavender farms when they're in bloom (Mid-Late July-ish).
23. cultivate more clients for gavron (network? eek.)
24. do something scary. (sam says I can define this later)
25. do something that brings me hope (again, the defining comes later)
26. visit a new gourmet restaurant. (canlis? the gluten-free one in madrona?) done
27. find an old typewriter that still works and clickety clack on it. (give away two big things when i bring this one into the house, see number 17, above)
31. design, build, and sell my own softies.