play with the daring bakers. this is a year-long commitment, as you get kicked out of the secret daring club if you miss more than two months. hmm.started here.
- learn to roller skate backwards. (I'm not actually ever going to do this. Let's be honest. Maybe it would be better just to learn to skate competently forward.)
- etch some glass. Like this.
make (or pay someone to make) a real gavron website.done.
- read more poetry.
- make patchwork wall hangings.
- provide pro bono graphic design work for a local charity.
- keep playing Toy Society quarterly.
- play with my niece.
- bake with my nephew.
- roast the coffee beans. (this is a repost from last year, but dammit, it's going to happen this year. I swear.)
- draw. add watercolor to said drawing. repeat.
- make brioche. this takes three days, people. and that is why, thus far, it has eluded me.
- learn (and then do) to take better/prettier product shots. more light. more props. more patience.
make a ruffled shirt. one of these. (done) maybe this scarf, too.
- spray paint the cuckoo clock.
- knit weight covers for the cuckoo clock.
- three words. bunting. stamp. roller.
go to ye olde curiosity shop. (how have I not made it there yet?)done.
- continue the search for Roadside America treasures
- knit or sew outfits for the posable artist models.
- next holiday season: make these walnut ornaments. heck. you might not have to wait until the holidays.
- get tattooed. maybe.
- make a cover for the sewing machine. the machine works so hard, shouldn't we keep it free from dog hair?
eat a croissant in paris.done.
- have some family portraits taken. family = me + j + t + roo
- witness my friend sayra's wedding. (yippee!)
- [<--- this space left intentionally blank.] leave space.
- make injera. convince joe to make food to eat with said injera.
- look to nature to solve a problem. (thanks to Second Sam for this one.)
- continue working on Not a Book.
- find a vintage typewriter to call my own. (this is a repeat too.)
- find...and note...small bits of joy along the way.